Petal High School Reading Focus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Petal High School Reading Focus

This is a place for Petal High School students to share what they are reading. Your response should be in 50 word increments and should discuss some literary aspect of your choice novel.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

4th period - Forum 3

Go down 
+7
davidcrawford
leannaparker16
detric f carter
CandiceNForsmark
ReganCooley
shanicemcgowan
Admin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

4th period - Forum 3 Empty
PostSubject: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:08 am

Describe a minor character in this book who had a major importance.  Explain.  (Hint:  He/She probably was so important because of an interaction he/she had with the main character in which the main character changed or made an important decision as a result of this interaction)

This response should be 150 words.
Back to top Go down
https://petalreadingfocus.forumotion.com
shanicemcgowan

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 3:32 pm

A character that was sorta minor not really a main character that kinda of had an importance in this story was Duke the dog. When Cheyenne was kidnapped she had to bee tooken to the mans home. This is where she her encounter with Duke the dog happened. Duke the dog didn’t like strangers and if he ever encountered a stranger he would bark loudly or even attack. Usually when strangers encountered Duke the dog they jump or run, with Cheyenne she was blind andshe did not jump, run or even flinch when she saw him. She just asked what kinda of dog he was.
Back to top Go down
ReganCooley

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 4:38 pm

Well the main character is definitely Mia. The book is about how she has to make a decision whether she would like to stay and live on earth with all the disabilities that she will have or would she rather go to heaven and be with her family. What happens in the story is that her family is fighting over what music to play in the car and they crash. Her mother and her father both died at the scene. Her little brother teddy is I think at the hospital but I haven’t heard anything from when the paramedics told the nurse that the little boy was behind them. She gets to see who all is here for her and wants her to stay and know that they will help her throw the hard time she will have. I love this book so far and I can’t wait to finish it.(151)
Back to top Go down
CandiceNForsmark

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 11, 2013 8:48 pm

A minor character in my book, The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die, is actually an ape. Even though the monkey is only mentioned a few pages of the book, it actually caused the biggest conflict. Cady was told the monkey was her dead brother and she was meant to touch the dead and of the monkey. She had a bag over her face so she could not see that it was actually not her brother. But the trauma from that caused her mind to shut down and she forgot everything. Her little brother is only two, and she loved him a lot before her memory shut down. So it is understandable that thinking he is dead and touching what you think is his dead curled up hand is enough to make anyone shut down. But it was her mind that shut down, blocking out all of her memories, causing the biggest conflict in the whole book. -159
Back to top Go down
detric f carter

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 4:29 pm

Obessey son played an important role in this book. His son was on a quest to find his dad because he hasn’t seen his dad since he was little. He went to all his theses men that knew his father. All theses mean said they were beside his father in was and the last time they saw him was at the battle field. At the end when his dad had come home his dad had sent him on a mission the clear all the weapon that the young warriors had. The young warriors were at the palace seeking for the love of his mother. They would come and he at the palace eating them out of house and home. So he hid the weapon, so they went to the palace ready for war and killed half of the men in there, but one of the maids told the men where they had hid the weapons. They climb to that room and got the weapons. Without his son help the young men would have had shields and armor to fight with. “181”
Back to top Go down
leannaparker16

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 20, 2013 4:39 pm

This girl is fifteen and she doesn’t want to die and I think she is the main character. I mean she really doesn’t do anything that much but tell about other people in the holocaust. But she is the main character in the book because she is fifteen and she don’t want to die is afraid to die. When all this first happen like when the Jewish soldiers where coming to get them she was scared but she was trying to look brave in front of her family she wanted it to look like she was the brave one. When they came to get them their parents had like this brochure thing that said that they were not there to stay and well one of the soldiers were like well you are now and the fifteen year old little girl was like no you can’t take our family we have a pass. But the pass didn’t mean anything to them. That’s why I say she’s the main character is because she is always trying to make everything ok and she just couldn’t do it so that is the main reason she is scared of dyeing because she don’t know how she is going to die. (205)
Back to top Go down
davidcrawford

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:42 pm

In the book BOMB the only character in the book that shows up is Harrry Gold and he is the scientist that descovered that atoms can be split to make the worlds most powerful bomb called the atomic bomb. But he sends a letter to one of his friends that is a german. After a couple of days Harry finds out that the garmans is making a atomic bomb to take over the world. Harry is in a hurry to make a bomb bigger and better than theirs so they could win. Harry has a team with military commandos and some of the greatest scientists. (105)
Back to top Go down
ashtoncummings

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:44 pm

In one of the lengends in my book Be Afaid, Be Very Afraid, a minor character in the lengend would be the baby sitter that was supposed to take care of a baby while the parents were away on a vacation. Well, the parents leave the baby in the house because they were gonna be late for their flight if they didn’t leave at that moment, but they left the front door unlocked for the baby sitter. So, when the baby sitter shows up she goes to the back door and the back door is locked so she leaves the baby in the house all alone. In the end, the parents show up from their trip and the baby was dead because it starved to death. So, in this legend the baby sitter, I think, would be a minor character because she had something to do with the main character which was the baby. (154)
Back to top Go down
Shanna Evans

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:59 pm

Main character Tiger, has a best friend named Jesse Wade. They'd been friends for a while, and did everything with and for each other. But one day Jesse kissed Tiger, and out of shock Tiger freaked out and told him to leave her alone. Regretting her words, she told her Aunt and her Aunt told her that she needed to say sorry to Jesse Wade, and that she wants to be friends again, And that its okay to like him, so thats what Tiger did. And then like before, they were inseparable.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:41 pm

shanicemcgowan wrote:
A character that was sorta minor not really a main character that kinda of had an importance in this story was Duke the dog. When Cheyenne was kidnapped she had to bee tooken to the mans home. This is where she her encounter with Duke the dog happened. Duke the dog didn’t like strangers and if he ever encountered a stranger he would bark loudly or even attack. Usually when strangers encountered Duke the dog they jump or run, with Cheyenne she was blind andshe did not jump, run or even flinch when she saw him. She just asked what kinda of dog he was.

Did they form a special bond? Did he help her through her ordeal? Don't forget a word count!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:42 pm

ReganCooley wrote:
Well the main character is definitely Mia. The book is about how she has to make a decision whether she would like to stay and live on earth with all the disabilities that she will have or would she rather go to heaven and be with her family. What happens in the story is that her family is fighting over what music to play in the car and they crash. Her mother and her father both died at the scene. Her little brother teddy is I think at the hospital but I haven’t heard anything from when the paramedics told the nurse that the little boy was behind them. She gets to see who all is here for her and wants her to stay and know that they will help her throw the hard time she will have. I love this book so far and I can’t wait to finish it.(151)

You misunderstood the question! Which minor character plays a big role?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:43 pm

CandiceNForsmark wrote:
A minor character in my book, The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die, is actually an ape. Even though the monkey is only mentioned a few pages of the book, it actually caused the biggest conflict. Cady was told the monkey was her dead brother and she was meant to touch the dead and of the monkey. She had a bag over her face so she could not see that it was actually not her brother. But the trauma from that caused her mind to shut down and she forgot everything. Her little brother is only two, and she loved him a lot before her memory shut down. So it is understandable that thinking he is dead and touching what you think is his dead curled up hand is enough to make anyone shut down. But it was her mind that shut down, blocking out all of her memories, causing the biggest conflict in the whole book. -159

Oh my goodness! That would be so traumatizing. Does she find out the truth? Who would do that to her!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:45 pm

detric f carter wrote:
Obessey son played an important role in this book. His son was on a quest to find his dad because he hasn’t seen his dad since he was little. He went to all his theses men that knew his father. All theses mean said they were beside his father in was and the last time they saw him was at the battle field. At the end when his dad had come home his dad had sent him on a mission the clear all the weapon that the young warriors had. The young warriors were at the palace seeking for the love of his mother. They would come and he at the palace eating them out of house and home. So he hid the weapon, so they went to the palace ready for war and killed half of the men in there, but one of the maids told the men where they had hid the weapons. They climb to that room and got the weapons. Without his son help the young men would have had shields and armor to fight with. “181”

He isn't in the book much, but his father has to rely on him to win. Odysseus isn't used to relying on anyone and that changes Odysseus!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:46 pm

leannaparker16 wrote:
This girl is fifteen and she doesn’t want to die and I think she is the main character. I mean she really doesn’t do anything that much but tell about other people in the holocaust. But she is the main character in the book because she is fifteen and she don’t want to die is afraid to die. When all this first happen like when the Jewish soldiers where coming to get them she was scared but she was trying to look brave in front of her family she wanted it to look like she was the brave one. When they came to get them their parents had like this brochure thing that said that they were not there to stay and well one of the soldiers were like well you are now and the fifteen year old little girl was like no you can’t take our family we have a pass. But the pass didn’t mean anything to them. That’s why I say she’s the main character is because she is always trying to make everything ok and she just couldn’t do it so that is the main reason she is scared of dyeing because she don’t know how she is going to die. (205)

You misunderstood the question. I asked for a MINOR character that made a big difference.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:47 pm

davidcrawford wrote:
In the book BOMB the only character in the book that shows up is Harrry Gold and he is the scientist that descovered that atoms can be split to make the worlds most powerful bomb called the atomic bomb. But he sends a letter to one of his friends that is a german. After a couple of days Harry finds out that the garmans is making a atomic bomb to take over the world. Harry is in a hurry to make a bomb bigger and better than theirs so they could win. Harry has a team with military commandos and some of the greatest scientists. (105)

He is not a MINOR character though. The Germans would be minor characters; did they make major differences?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:47 pm

ashtoncummings wrote:
In one of the lengends in my book Be Afaid, Be Very Afraid, a minor character in the lengend would be the baby sitter that was supposed to take care of a baby while the parents were away on a vacation. Well, the parents leave the baby in the house because they were gonna be late for their flight if they didn’t leave at that moment, but they left the front door unlocked for the baby sitter. So, when the baby sitter shows up she goes to the back door and the back door is locked so she leaves the baby in the house all alone. In the end, the parents show up from their trip and the baby was dead because it starved to death. So, in this legend the baby sitter, I think, would be a minor character because she had something to do with the main character which was the baby. (154)

She sounds really evil! Tyler Wormser had a scary babysitter story in his book too.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2013 6:48 pm

Shanna Evans wrote:
Main character Tiger, has a best friend named Jesse Wade. They'd been friends for a while, and did everything with and for each other. But one day Jesse kissed Tiger, and out of shock Tiger freaked out and told him to leave her alone. Regretting her words, she told her Aunt and her Aunt told her that she needed to say sorry to Jesse Wade, and that she wants to be friends again, And that its okay to like him, so thats what Tiger did. And then like before, they were inseparable.

But is he a minor character? He sounds major to me.
Back to top Go down
obrianbarnes

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 4:41 pm

in to kill a mockingbird i would say mrs dubose would be a minor charcter because Mrs. Dubose is displayed as rude to everyone, but cancer was giving her violent out breaks., and later on died from her cancer. while jim flinch and jean loise had to read to her alot over the summer and it showed them not to be afraid of death while you get older
Back to top Go down
morganbarnett

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2013 1:39 am

The two main characters that I think had major importance would be Amber and Rich. When she had to move to Wyoming with her grandfather she met him and ended up knowing him since they were little. And as they got to know each other they got closer and closer. They have a major relationship in the book to me just for the fact that they had really known each other longer than they thought and ends up liking each other a lot. They both were two major importances to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 3   4th period - Forum 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4th period - Forum 3
Page 1 of 1