Petal High School Reading Focus

This is a place for Petal High School students to share what they are reading. Your response should be in 50 word increments and should discuss some literary aspect of your choice novel.
 
HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 
 

 4th period - Forum 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin


Posts : 118
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 39
Location : Petal High School

PostSubject: 4th period - Forum 2   Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Describe the character/person who changed the most from the beginning of the story to the end of the story. Explain the change and what caused it.

This should be 150 words.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://petalreadingfocus.forumotion.com
detric f carter



Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Fri Nov 01, 2013 3:36 pm

The book I was readign was Obsessy. In this book it was based on Obsessy and king that ruled Itacha a village. He changed a lot in this book. One minute he went form happy, sad, and to a man of war. At first he got traped by one by on posien kid the cyclos. Him and his men poked his eye out with a big pointy stick. Later on in the book he had felt sorry for what and his men had did so he had to go back and apogise to each and everybody that he had hurt or did anything to. At he end of the book he turned back into a hateful man. He killed every young warrior in his palace that was trying to take his wife will he was out battling. At the very in of the story he stopped fighting at a battle and just become friends with enemy that he was fighting. “161”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CandiceNForsmark



Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-10-15

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:36 pm

In my book, The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die, the person that changed the most would have to be the main girl, who we later find out to be Cady. At the beginning of the book she is scared and cannot remember a thing about her life or about who she is. But throughout the book she learns more about herself then later on remembers who she is. She also is being hunted by men who want her dead so she also becomes tougher than she ever was because she has to defend herself against them. In the beginning she is a small scared wide eyed child who doesn't know a thing about herself or where she is or what is going on. In the end she is a more mature, short dark haired woman who knows everything about who is hunting her and how to defend herself against them. -152
Back to top Go down
View user profile
brickaylafikes



Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:32 pm

The most important character in my book is Mia . From the beginig of the book to the end she has changed so much . To me it seems like she has learned to appricate things more then before . Before mis was in her car reck it seem like maybe she thought her life was bad or what not . Mostly because she has no friends but only one . but when she gets in a car accident she realize that she has loved ones . Even though her mom and dad and brother are gone she stills try to hold on . I think she had learned what and who is important to her. Weather she should leave or go . And to me she has put others in front this time .
(157)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shanicemcgowan



Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:34 pm

In the book Girl Stolen there is a bigchange in a characters behavior. In the beginning of the story Griffin pertrayed as a big tough guy whose to cool for school. But as you get into the book he grows fond of girl he accidently kidnapps and his mindset begins to change a lot. He opens up to her develops feelings for her. Then he starts to show real emotion and we figure out that he is not some big tough guy all the time he’s actually gentle and sweet he was just misguided and went down the wrong path in life. From the beginning to the end the difference in Griffins behavior is he’s not like his father and his friends he’s smarter, kinder, and more of a gentlemen than the others. In the beginning all you saw is him steeling cars and towards the end you see him growing a conscience and you see that he’s not that mean.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leannaparker16



Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-10-02

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:42 pm

The one that changed the most was Randi because at first he was like Christney. He didn’t want to die because of his age. Well they found a Russian soldier and were helping him because he was wounded. They thought maybe he got shot or something. And then the Russians came to find out what was going on and they told the head soldier. That one of their men had got shot and the head soldier and a few of his other soldiers were like your stupid. We are trying to kill you and your trying to save one of our soldiers. Then they were just like maybe we should just kill you now and then Randi was like go ahead you have done killed most of my family so just go ahead. Then the soldier was like no you’re just trying to get out the easy way. Then time past and I guess the Russians had moved down a little further in town because there were not as many well they came knowing on Randi’s door and was just like we demand you to be a Russian soldier and he said no because he knew that they were probably going to have to shoot his neighbors. (207)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ashtoncummings



Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:55 pm

The book I was reading, which is Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid, didn’t have a main character that changed the most from beginning to end. The book was more of multiple urban legends in one book. But, in every single story the “main” character of that story either died or got severely injured in the end or got something important taken away from them. In some of the stories no one got injured or died they just got arrested or the victim got helped by a worker or a by standard. So, I guess you could say that the ‘victim’ in the legends changed from beginning to end by either getting hurt, death, something important getting taken away from them, or just being plain out stupid. The reason I say that is in one of the legends, this couple left their baby in their house because they were expecting a baby sister but the baby sitter never showed up and the baby died. (163)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakepowell



Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:43 pm

The book i just got done reading is Miss peregrine's home for peculiar children. if you like suspense and mystery this is the book for you.
ms.Giles pick this book out for me and my freind cade and i got the book just thinking i wasn"t going to read it was going to be boring but i read the first couple of page's i got really in to the book i even started reading after school some times.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
blakepowell



Posts : 4
Join date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:48 pm

In my book Home of peculiar children i think the character that changed the most was jacob portman in the beginning jacob only really cared about himself but after jacob came home to his grandpaw killed by a mysteries monster called a white Jacob's whole personallity change.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shanna Evans



Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:54 pm

In my book, My Louisiana Sky, the character Tiger has changed the most. She used to be embarrassed of her parents, and want to be popular.But one day, she lost her Grandmother, and learned to be thankful and appreciate the people and things you have in life, and to be yourself. No matter, how bad you think it is or if people run there mouth. Because in the end, there really the ones that aren't happy in life and need help.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Admin
Admin


Posts : 118
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 39
Location : Petal High School

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:33 pm

detric f carter wrote:
The book I was readign was Obsessy.  In this book it was based on Obsessy and king that ruled Itacha a village.  He changed a lot in this book.  One minute he went form happy, sad, and to a man of war.  At first he got traped by one by on posien kid the cyclos.  Him and his men poked his eye out with a big pointy stick.  Later on in the book he had felt sorry for what and his men had did so he had to go back and apogise to each and everybody that he had hurt or did anything to.  At he end of the book he turned back into a hateful man.  He killed every young warrior in his palace that was trying to take his wife will he was out battling.  At the very in of the story he stopped fighting at a battle and just become friends with enemy that he was fighting. “161”

He did change his prideful self throughout the book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://petalreadingfocus.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin


Posts : 118
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 39
Location : Petal High School

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:34 pm

CandiceNForsmark wrote:
In my book, The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die, the person that changed the most would have to be the main girl, who we later find out to be Cady. At the beginning of the book she is scared and cannot remember a thing about her life or about who she is. But throughout the book she learns more about herself then later on remembers who she is. She also is being hunted by men who want her dead so she also becomes tougher than she ever was because she has to defend herself against them. In the beginning she is a small scared wide eyed child who doesn't know a thing about herself or where she is or what is going on. In the end she is a more mature, short dark haired woman who knows everything about who is hunting her and how to defend herself against them. -152

So could the theme be that struggle creates bravery?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://petalreadingfocus.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin


Posts : 118
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 39
Location : Petal High School

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:35 pm

shanicemcgowan wrote:
In the book Girl Stolen there is a bigchange in a characters behavior. In the beginning of the story Griffin pertrayed as a big tough guy whose to  cool for school. But as you get into the book he grows fond of girl he accidently kidnapps and his mindset begins to change a lot. He opens up to her develops feelings for her. Then he starts to show real emotion and we figure out that he is not some big tough guy all the time he’s actually gentle and sweet he was just misguided and went down the wrong path in life. From the beginning to the end the difference in Griffins behavior  is he’s not like his father and his friends he’s smarter, kinder, and more of a gentlemen than the others. In the beginning all you saw is him steeling cars and towards the end you see him growing a conscience and you see that he’s not that mean.

So, is the theme, "Don't judge a book by its cover?" Or maybe "Tough on the outside but soft on the inside?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://petalreadingfocus.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin


Posts : 118
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 39
Location : Petal High School

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:36 pm

leannaparker16 wrote:
The one that changed the most was Randi because at first he was like Christney. He didn’t want to die because of his age. Well they found a Russian soldier and were helping him because he was wounded. They thought maybe he got shot or something. And then the Russians came to find out what was going on and they told the head soldier. That one of their men had got shot and the head soldier and a few of his other soldiers were like your stupid. We are trying to kill you and your trying to save one of our soldiers. Then they were just like maybe we should just kill you now and then Randi was like go ahead you have done killed most of my family so just go ahead. Then the soldier was like no you’re just trying to get out the easy way. Then time past and I guess the Russians had moved down a little further in town because there were not as many well they came knowing on Randi’s door and was just like we demand you to be a Russian soldier and he said no because he knew that they were probably going to have to shoot his neighbors. (207)

So how did he change? He became braver? Take out the "likes" please, when you write!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://petalreadingfocus.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin


Posts : 118
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 39
Location : Petal High School

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:37 pm

ashtoncummings wrote:
The book I was reading, which is Be Afraid, Be Very Afraid,  didn’t have a main character that changed the most from beginning to end.  The book was more of multiple urban legends in one book. But, in every single story the “main” character of that story either died or got severely injured in the end or got something important taken away from them. In some of the stories no one got injured or died they just got arrested or the victim got helped by a worker or a by standard. So, I guess you could say that the ‘victim’ in the legends changed from beginning to end by either getting hurt, death, something important getting taken away from them, or just being plain out stupid. The reason I say that is in one of the legends, this couple left their baby in their house because they were expecting a baby sister but the baby sitter never showed up and the baby died. (163)

So the theme of evil getting them when they are unaware or being stupid, maybe?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://petalreadingfocus.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin


Posts : 118
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 39
Location : Petal High School

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:38 pm

blakepowell wrote:
In my book Home of peculiar children i think the character that changed the most was jacob portman in the beginning jacob only really cared about himself but after jacob came home to his grandpaw killed by a mysteries monster called a white Jacob's whole personallity change.

You must do a word count! Jacob does change a lot; how he changed suggests the theme.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://petalreadingfocus.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin


Posts : 118
Join date : 2013-08-20
Age : 39
Location : Petal High School

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:39 pm

Shanna Evans wrote:
In my book, My Louisiana Sky, the character Tiger has changed the most. She used to be embarrassed of her parents, and want to be popular.But one day, she lost her Grandmother, and learned to be thankful and appreciate the people and things you have in life, and to be yourself. No matter, how bad you think it is or if people run there mouth. Because in the end, there really the ones that aren't happy in life and need help.

So as she becomes more grateful we learn that the theme is appreciate what you have, right? Don't forget to do a word count!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://petalreadingfocus.forumotion.com
christophermonroe



Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:58 pm

The person who changed the most was Ender. In the beginning of the book Ender is a sweet, brilliant, innocent boy that is bullied in school by a few kids and at home by his brother Peter. He is protected by his sister Valentine when Peter threatens to hurt or even kill Ender. But when he goes to Battle School they teach him how to fend for himself. They even make him think that he is alone when they make it look like Valentine has turned against him. He turns from a sweet, innocent boy to a war machine. Valentine saw that when he was able to go to earth for until he was ready to go back he didn’t want to see anyone but Valentine. In Battle School they push him when he gets his own army. They give him two battles in a day even going up against two other armies. (150)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
obrianbarnes



Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:06 pm

in my book to kill a mockingbird, one person that change the most would be jean louise. the reason i would say her is because she has been through alot with everybody school teachers her brother and her dad and alot of more people she told herself that she would not be talked about by anyone so she stands up to people that talk about her.
.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ReganCooley



Posts : 6
Join date : 2013-09-04
Age : 20

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:36 pm

If I Stay
The person that changed the most would be willow. She was just a happy mother for so long and then all of a sudden she has to watch her best friends die. Has the chance to say there little sons life but fails. She gets Adam in to see Mia like a super nurse. But on the other hand it could be Mia because she is working to determine if she wants to stay and that is hard work to. Even thou she was outside her body doing the things that she did didn’t the change a lot she thought more and now knows if she wants to stay. It’s hard to decide between the two because they both changed a lot even thou they changed in many different way. No matter how they change at least it wasn’t for the worst it as for the best and that’s all that matters.(155)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
morganbarnett



Posts : 5
Join date : 2013-09-04

PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:33 am

The person in my book that has changed from the beginning to the end would have to be the main character of the book. Her name is Amber, she started out being a city girl that dated this city boy named Braden. Then she has to leave her boyfriend and move to Wyoming where it is country. She likes this boy named Rich that lives in Wyoming and that's when she became country and wasn't afraid to get a little dirty. I think she is the one who changed a lot in the book. The best romantic book you could possibly ever read in your entire life!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: 4th period - Forum 2   

Back to top Go down
 
4th period - Forum 2
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Forum Rank Structure
» New Sub-Forum
» Applicable Period for Negotiated Procurement
» warranty period
» Short-period super-Earth at GJ 3634

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Petal High School Reading Focus :: Your first category :: 2nd 9 weeks forum - Mrs. Giles's Classes-
Jump to: